Monday, December 28, 2015

Rough Trade Album of the Month Club: December 2015 Pack

Usually in December the selection is not as strong and usually does not have bonus discs. This month's pack was a teensy bit disappointing. I'm not complaining though as the Jan to Nov packs were amazing. Anyway, here we go: Core cd: Golden Teacher - The First Three EPs - I did not expect this at all and it came as a pleasant surprise. It's basically dancey post punk rhythms. It's a fun album and I will definitely try incorporate some tracks in my dj sets. 7/10. Sheer Mag - I/II. Excellent. Catchy, fun and short. I'm expecting big things from this band. 8/10. Various Artists - Ghosts of Christmas Past (remake). Every December the club releases a Christmas themed cd or two and in my 8 years as a member I have never received one. It seemed that this year it was my turn. Ghosts of Christmas Past is a reissue of a classic post punk compilation with an added second cd of new material. On the whole it is ok but not something I would play often 6/10. Upcoming core albums January: Hinds (Yes!) or maybe Bill Baird (no clue) February: Sunflower Bean (YES!!!) March: Unloved (no clue here)

No comments: