Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dent May and his Magnificent Ukulele

Charm. I love it when an artist exudes bucketloads of it and believe you me Dent May and his Magnificent Ukulele are the kings of it.

Go on and listen to the (unfortunately) two songs on his myspace page. 'Meet me in the Garden' is a lovelorn ditty with the ukulele his moniker mention, a wonderful backing choir and then there's his plaintive voice going la la la la (of which i am a sucker for). Listening to him makes one feel like they've lost a piece of their past and should recover it asap.


The other song, Pierce Avenue features the uke much more and has the same swaying charm as Meet me in the Garden. Really what makes these songs great (besides the charm factor) is that
they are so honest sounding and it helps you relate to it.

Hpefully there will be more releases by Dent May in the future for I feel this is one talent that should be noticed and loved by everyone.

DMAHMU's Myspace

No comments: